Monday, August 28, 2006
Back to work today...
Upon returning from my two weeks vacation, I think I may have learned a few things without really thinking.
1. Stuff really does get done when I'm not there. So why do I need to be there at all? (I guess the paycheque is nice.)
2. It really isn't necessary to jump up to help someone who essentially only needs your help because they're being lazy.
3. Just because I'm your manager doesn't mean that your problems have to be my problems.
4. Customers actually can tell when employees don't know what they're doing. (Okay, I've actually known that one for a while now.)
5. Staying late to try to get something done just results in someone dumping some other pile of shit on your desk.
Hopefully I will maintain some of my newfound wisdom for a little bit longer than I usually do.
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
This is my day at work, enjoy!
Post a Comment