Friday, September 12, 2008
I have an excuse.
I am only responding to brother Ig's tag because I've had a couple of beers.
1. Where was I ten years ago? Being an unemployed bum in Dartmouth, NS. However, my keen brain was finally beginning to realize that a life plan of sitting on a couch needed a bit of fine-tuning, and began to think about getting the hell out of Dodge.
2. What was on my To Do list today? Preparing for a planned evacuation alarm / fire drill at my office (for some foolish reason, I have volunteered to be our business' Lead Fire Warden). Working on some internal communications (half done). Trying to prepare for a business requirements session conference call, which was naturally pre-empted by the actual fire alarm (muddled through it). Pass the buck on a customer upgrade campaign (success!). Answer 10,000 emails (success! - okay, not that many). Pretending to analyze some data (I need me some of those Homer Simpson glasses that have pictures of open eyeballs on the lenses).
And more importantly, buying a tank of gas (a mere $85), buying beer (less than half of that), and taking the missus out to dinner as we like to do on Fridays. I also planned to watch the Jays beat the Sox tonight, but that didn't work out for obvious reasons.
3. What would I do if I were a billionaire? (a) Seriously consider paying cash in the U.S. for back surgery for the missus. (b) Buy a house. (c) Put a CFL expansion team in Halifax. (d) Travel, travel, travel.
4. Five places I've lived: Dartmouth, NS; North York, ON (okay, only for 3 summers); Halifax NS; Kingston ON; Dartmouth NS; Oshawa, ON; A State Of Denial.
5. Bad habits: Almost missing the bus; Eating at restaurants too often; Drinking all of the beer in the fridge until it's gone; Not looking at people; Not exercising; Entering the far lane directly after making a turn; Leaving work at 4:00 p.m. (Oh wait, that's a good habit); Fiddling with my Blackberry when I should be doing something else.
Now, I will tag: Paul Splittorf, Carrot Top, Bootsauce, Strom Thurmond, and Snuffleupagus.